In the Hospitality eBusiness Strategies’ 2010 Benchmark Survey on Hotel Internet Marketing Budget Planning and Best Practices, participating hoteliers believed website design/redesign and Web 2.0 initiatives would prove to be two of the strongest revenue generating initiatives this year. In addition, hoteliers stated they believe that website re-designs, SEO and Web 2.0 produce the best results and highest return on investment (ROI):
Which Internet marketing formats do you believe produce the best results and the highest returns on investment (ROI)?
Website design/redesign 56.3% 61.7%
Website optimization 81.6% 70%
Search optimization – Organic search 60.9% 58.3%
Web 2.0/Social Media 37.9% 41.7%
In recognition of becoming true partners with its clients, carefully studying their business objectives, tailoring strategic marketing plans, and launching websites and multichannel marketing campaigns with the goal of generating incremental revenues, Hospitality eBusiness Strategies won six Adrian Awards from the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) and seven Davey Awards.
The results of this strategic direct online channel approach are more than positive. The following case study is based on HeBS’ full-service Internet marketing and direct online channel strategy clients. The study illustrates that investments in the direct online channel (hotel website re-designs, multichannel marketing initiatives, etc.) pay off handsomely:
Return on Investment (ROI) from the Direct Online Channel in 2009:
Total Room Nights Booked: 530,605
Total Revenue Generated: $63,900,305
Total Marketing Spend: $2,004,093
Return on Ad Spent (ROAS) 3088% (31:1)
Cost of Website and Campaign Management: $2,729,893
Return on Investment (ROI) 2,240% (22:1)
“In the most recent HeBS Benchmark Survey, results showed that hoteliers believed website design and Web 2.0 initiatives produced the best results and highest returns. HeBS is in full agreement and designs and conceptualizes every website and multichannel marketing campaign with this in mind. We understand our clients’ principle need—driving hotel bookings in the most cost-efficient way, through the direct online channel. Our multiple Adrian Awards and Davey Awards are a testament to this, and we are honored to share these with our clients,” said Max Starkov, Chief eBusiness Strategist at HeBS.
HeBS received the following website design and multichannel marketing awards:
• Club Eldorado 60-Day Free Room and Show Giveaway (Eldorado Hotel Casino in Reno): Gold Adrian in Digital Marketing
• AmericInn Scavenger Hunt: Silver Adrian in Digital Marketing
• JW Marriott Indianapolis 30-Day Giveaway for Meeting Planners: Silver Adrian in Digital Marketing
• Shell Ultimate Summer Vacation Sweepstakes: Silver Adrian in Digital Marketing
• Loews Hotels Website: Bronze Adrian in Digital Marketing
• Viand Website: Bronze Adrian in Digital Marketing
• Greystone Hotels Website: Silver Davey in the Hotel/Lodging Category
• Champions Fort Wayne Website: Silver Davey in the Restaurant Category
• Viand Website: Silver Davey in the Restaurant Category
• Loews Hotels Website: Silver Davey in the Hotel/Lodging Category
• Valencia Group Website: Silver Davey in the Hotel/Lodging Category
• Urban Famer Website: Silver Davey in the Restaurant Category
• Club Eldorado 60-Day Free Room and Show Giveaway (Eldorado Hotel Casino in Reno): Silver Davey in the Microsite Category
• JW Marriott Indianapolis 30-Day Giveaway for Meeting Planners: Silver Davey in the Microsite Category
“In the ultra competitive casino industry, it is only through strategic partnerships with thought leaders like Hospitality eBusiness Strategies that we are able to achieve and maintain our role as market leaders. We are honored to have received these awards and look forward to more exciting marketing campaigns in 2011” said Chad Hallert, Director of E-Commerce & Internet Marketing.
Founded in 2001, HeBS Digital is the industry’s leading digital technology, full-service hotel digital marketing, website design and direct online channel consulting firm based in New York City (www.HeBSDigital.com).
HeBS Digital has pioneered many of the “best practices” in hotel digital marketing and website revenue optimization, as well as a range of industry-first digital technology applications. The firm has won more than 350 prestigious industry awards for its digital marketing and website design services, including numerous Adrian Awards, Davey Awards, W3 Awards, WebAwards, Magellan Awards, Summit International Awards, Interactive Media Awards, and IAC Awards.
A diverse client portfolio of top-tier major hotel brands, luxury and boutique hotel brands, resorts and casinos, hotel management companies, franchisees and independents, and CVBs are benefiting from HeBS Digital’s direct online channel strategy and digital marketing expertise. Contact HeBS Digital’s consultants at (212) 752-8186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.